Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Planting the seed :)


OK....So this is my first attempt at blogging so go easy on me. First of all, I would like to start out by saying that God has blessed me tremendously over the last couple of years and I wouldn't be where I am today without His direction.

A little background about me....I was in a 'not-so-great' relationship...an almost 5 year long relationship to be exact. I'll admit the first couple of years were great, we had some good times and shared some great memories. The last couple....not so much. It was hard....really hard because that relationship was all I knew and after awhile I lost myself in that relationship. I let him define me, who I was and what I stood for. IT WAS CRAZY! I always told myself I would never let a boyfriend come between me, my family or friends and it happened and I am not proud of it. I was lost....completely LOST.

Well....during the time of that past relationship I had left my job as curriculum director of a private school to move on to a durable medical equipment company for hospice. Let me just tell you, this job was very intimidating at first....so many different pieces of equipment to learn, the lingo, the nurses (some I "thought" were evil...haha) weren't very patient with me at first. Ohh it was pretty awful there for a bit. I literally BAWLED my last day at my other job because I REALLY did not want to leave, I loved that job, MY KIDDOS, and all the people I worked with. Little did I know, that my new job would lead me to the most handsome, caring, "perfect" man of my dreams who later became my husband ;)

So on my first day there, I noticed this cute guy loading up a trailer for the pool company next door. We made eye contact and that was that...or so I thought. It wasn't until a month or two later when our power went out in all of the warehouses on our strip on 155 that I was face to face with "HIM"....Tony. I was in the office alone, simply drinking a red bull and out of nowhere comes a knock on the door and there he was...."THE BOY NEXT DOOR". Well, we talked for a bit...he asked me out on a date but I, of course, turned him down because I was "involved" at the time. Yes...silly me that was involved in a not so happy relationship. Yup, I'm THAT girl but not THAT girl that would cheat on someone either. I call this God planting the seed of His plan for ME.

Well after the office incident, we waved, talked here and there but nothing special. I then noticed that we actually took the same route home every day...me heading to Lindale and him heading to Quitman. I hadn't really thought any more about him "that way" until one day at the Valero gas station in Lindale. I pulled in and I heard this loud blue Chevy pull in right beside me. Then a lady hops out to get the gas. I was busy pumping my gas and didn't realize that she had walked over to talk to me. She said "Hi! I work next door to you at the pool company. The guys didn't think that I would come over here and talk to you so I decided to prove them wrong. They think you are very pretty".....this lady turned out to be Tony's MOM! I was so nervous and probably blushing at the time that all I could mutter was a simple "Thank you" as I discretely tried to figure out if HE was in the truck or not. I couldn't tell because of those DANG tinted windows haha! Well, that statement kind of made me feel special-silly I know but it was a confidence booster I definitely needed, I knew now that he was STILL interested...several months later. I was out having dinner with my friend Brynne and I just started babbling on about this guy from work and I just couldn't quite figure out WHY I couldn't get him out of my head. Brynne and I talked about it for a while and shed some light on my "situation" that I am forever grateful for. If it wasn't for HER support, I'm not sure where I would be at the moment and I THANK GOD for that friendship, that honest, wholesome friendship that I have with Brynne. She helped me reevaluate things that mattered in my life. Those things that USED to define me and I thought "what in the world am I doing with my life?". I call this God watering the seed of his plan.

Well, through the help of the dinosaur "myspace" network, we got each other's phone numbers. It was silly, but it worked for us (we were both pretty shy lol). Anyways, we texted back and forth literally ALL day on a Friday and actually talked on the phone that night....for several hours. We literally connected on a level I never knew was possible. Needless to say, I ended the "relationship" and dove head first into a new one. Some people may call this crazy and think I am the most horrible person on the planet for moving on that quickly. I call this God's timing and blossoming of His plan. His timing allowed me to reevaluate the things that I "thought" were important in my life and get my life back on track with the things that ARE important...which are Him, my family and my friends and I shouldn't let anyone EVER come between me and what's important.
I could not be happier with the many blessings he has showered upon me. I tend to think everything is up to ME instead of giving it all to God and letting things play out WHEN He wants them to.

Next to come.... Our little "SURPRISE" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment