Friday, May 7, 2010

There's a 'nake in the wake!


A couple weekends ago Tony and I kept my niece and nephew overnight along with our son Camden. Let me just tell you.....it was interesting. Rylan is 3, Cason is 11 months and Camden is 7 months. AM I CRAZY? Maybe a little...but we had fun!

Rylan sometimes has a "listening problem" and I'm not quite sure if she is ignoring you on purpose or if sometimes she just goes off into la la land. I'm really starting to think it's the latter because she has such an imagination that I think it just runs wild sometimes!

Cason is so laid back it's unbelievable. He just sort of sits there and minds his own business, plays well by himself and is generally a happy baby considering all he has been through in such a short lifetime- acid reflux, severe eczema flair ups, countless ear infections and a not so fun hospital stay...it really is amazing that he is SO happy all the time.

Then there's Camden. Our busy body, into everything, babbling, stubborn, active little boy. He's a happy little boy but that little attitude of his can turn on a dime- I try and say he gets it from his daddy but I know that's just not true haha. I told my sister before she left that her children would be the easy ones ;)

So we ate dinner. The boys ate in shifts (only one booster chair!) but they didn't seem to mind. We had toys strung all over the house, countless easter eggs were scattered in the living room, it looked like a tornado had hit, but they were enjoying themselves. Rylan was so excited about going down to the "wake" to catch the fish with her red cup! The "wake" (Lake) is actually our pond. I told her she probably wouldn't catch very many fish with her little red cup and told her she needed a fishing pole. That's when I was volunteered to buy her a "pishin' pole so she can catch the pish for Poppy". I told her to ask her daddy ;) (you're welcome, Daniel!) Uncle Tony spotted a baby snake in the pond (eeeeeek!) so we then had to really keep an eye on the kids and how close they were to the water and the surrounding area. Rylan then proceeded to talk about the " 'nake in the wake. " all evening. She makes me laugh....when you say it out loud it sounds like you're speaking a different language.

Photobucket
Saturday consisted of morning cartoons, playing outside, Rylan and Uncle Tony washing my car, me and the boys playing with a ball in the grass and laughing, laughing, laughing. We had such a great time. All the kids left around noon (including Camden) to head to my sisters for ANOTHER slumber party.

Yes, it was her turn to enjoy the luxury of 3 children. Tony and I were headed to Arlington with our friend Brynne and my parents to go to a ball game and watch the TIGERS play the Rangers (we...as in detroit, won!)

PhotobucketPhotobucket

All in all it was a GREAT weekend. Personally, I can't see myself having 3 children that close in age. I'm not sure how people do it! Pretty sure I wanna stick with the magic number 2 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment